36th Northern New England Veterinary
Sunday, Feb. 23 - Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014
NNEVAS is designed with several premises in mind. First, is quality CE learning. Second, "The Mount Washington Resort experience" uniquely fosters a relaxing, trouble free, calming, happy, warm and safe environment, which seems to be in another world called "Mount Washington Valley". All this nurtures learning within the lecture hall and outside too. The daily 2 hour lectures are taken seriously. By design, there is ample free time to unwind from the grind of the workday life. The Mt. Washington is a Grand Old Hotel that offers skiing, cross country, fine dining, indoor and outdoor heated pools, winter zip line, apres ski, spa and spectacular views right from your cozy room. And much more! Veterinarians and their friends and families can mingle, or not, if they so choose. The chair lift, X-country trail or dining table have been know to spark interesting conversations, practice ideas, and many long term associations and friendships. You don't want to ever leave, but as you do there is a feeling of calmness and knowing that you will someday likely return. When you do return, it's like you never left and you smile all over again !
Sunday, Feb. 23 - Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014
36th Northern New England Veterinary Alpine Symposium. (NNEVAS LLC)
Continuing Education Credits = 8 hrs.
CE Registration fee $150 by MAIL-IN Registration Form
To REGISTER: print the following form, fill out, and MAIL it to the address on the bottom of the form.
Mail-in CE Registration Form (PDF 24k) requires Adobe Reader
Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014 is the cut off date
for Registration and Reservations at the special discounted "NNEVAS" package rate. After then, rooms and rates will be based on availability, so sign up early !!!
Speaker: Michael Stone DVM, Diplomate ACVIM (Small Animal Internal Medicine) Clinical Ass. Professor, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University.
Practical Topics in Veterinary Internal Medicine:
Antibiotic Choices: Resistance and Controversies, Lyme Dis.:Should I Treat ?, Current Topics Regarding UTI, Current Topics in Gastroenterology, Calcium Disorders, What's new in Heartworm Dis?
Feline Upper Resp. Tract Dis. and Prevention.
Friday, Saturday or Sunday check in: get settled in, Downhill or Cross Country Ski or just relax. Sunday at 5:30 PM, NNEVAS Welcome Party with complimentary beverages and hors d'oeuvre and then enjoy dinner in the Main Dining Room.
Monday - Thursday 7:30-10 AM breakfast. LECTURES 8:30-10:30AM. 2 CE credits each day. Rest of day open for enjoyments of your choice: relaxing, ski groomers and glades, X-country, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, ice skating, Spa, Zip line, or many other daily hotel activities. Evening Dinner in the Main Dining Room, except Teusday's buffet.
Sunday 5:30 PM: NNEVAS Welcome Party. Complementary hors d'oeuvres and beverages followed by dinner in the Main Dining Room.
Tuesday: Early afternoon -an easy, Fun Downhill Race for all. At 6 pm, Apres Ski Awards Ceremony with complementary hors d'oeuvres and Giveaway
Drawing !!! for $200 and $100 gift cards and other prize goodies to registered Veterinarians (must be present to win). Followed by a Buffet Dinner.
Wed, Thurs, Fri: Great snow and great company. Ski, Snowshoe, Skate, Snowmobile, Spa, Zip Line, and much more!
IMPORTANT Info & Tips for Meeting Attendees!
The Omni Mount Washington Resort was a new venue in 2011 for our meeting! We are excited to be able to maintain and create all of the wonderful, essential criteria and experiences that our unique meeting has enjoyed for the prior 33 years while at The Balsams, the other Grand Old Hotel in NH. The Balsams is temporarily closed. See "The Basics" section above for Room Reservation Form and to print out a Mail-In Registration Form. Please read on for more info and tips!
January 15, 2014 is the Cut Off date!! (Reserve as early as possible !
After that, the hotel cannot guarantee the discounted meeting package rates or room availability. We strongly suggest you make reservations as soon as possible. Once our "room block" fills up, room prices go up to the regular hotel rates. That is, if any room are available !
Room rates: Our meeting package is a great value! Almost all of your needs and wants are packed into the room rate. So once you are checked in, you can relax and enjoy. Keep in mind that we have negotiated a sweet deal compared to industry standards. If you are online or speaking to the Hotel directly, keep in mind the quotes given do not always reflect the taxes and fees. The rates are per/person, per/night.
Room Rates include:
- Lodging in Grand Old Hotel style & amenities. Flat Screen TV & WiFi.
- Breakfast and Dinner.
- Ski Lift or Cross Country tickets for each night's stay. The ticket can
be used on day of check in or check out, but not both.
- The listed rates include NH State room tax (9%) fees,
assessments, and service charge (21%). Gratuity not included.
- We also got waiver of the $25 per night "resort fee"!
- The actual CE meeting dates are from 2/23 - 2/27, but Omni has
extended the meeting package rates to include 2/21 - 27, 2014.
(therefore 2 nights before and 1 night after)
- A Welcome Party, Sunday Evening (2/23) with complementary hors
d'oeuvres, alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks.
- Spa, Zip Line, CE Registration fees, Alcoholic Beverages, and Gratuities are not included.
Event Dates: February 21 - 27, 2014
Special Package Rates: (Adults)
$371.72 per night - Single
$246.91 per night - Double (per person, per night)
$513.42 per night - Single (Premier Room)
$317.76 per night - Double (Premier Room) (per person, per night)
Note ! Above prices include Tax, Service Charge and Resort Fee and reflect the final tally at your check out.
Book By: January 15, 2014 = deadline. Don't wait, rooms are limited.
Children: Cot or rollaway per request if available is offered at $15.00 each per night.
Children ages 13-16 will be accommodated at $90.00 per child per night (meals + ski lift ticket).
Children ages 5-12 will be accommodated at $50.00 per child per night (meals + ski lift ticket). Please note: Children rates do not include the 21% service Charge and 9% NH Room and Meal Tax. Children need to be staying in the same room as an adult to get the above rates.
This information also on the 2014 Hotel Reservation Form (PDF 24k) requires Adobe Reader
- For those staying thru Tuesday night (2/25) there will be a (easy) "Fun Ski Race" during the day. You get 2 runs. Go at your own pace for fun or try for a medal ! Kids and first timers welcome ! An apres-ski Awards Ceremony with free hors d'oeuvres. Find out your times. Be present for the Giveaway Drawing
- For evening dining it is required that men wear a Sport Coat, a tie is optional. For women, Casual Evening Attire is appropriate. (you got it, no blue jeans at dinner) Rest of the day: casual or ski clothes.
- Definitely sign up for the Free "Select Guest" membership on the Omni Hotels website, Look under Loyalty Program for all the cool freebies and amenities, including earning free nights! There are no obligations!
- Bring your swimsuit for the indoor and outdoor heated pools!
- Our package includes breakfast and dinner in the Main Dining Room. Although no reservations are needed for breakfast, evening seating reservations are needed in the dining room. (Tuesday eve, we have our dinner buffet, so no seating reservations are needed.) Don't forget to mention you are with the Veterinary Group !
We are looking forward to Quality CE & having fun with you!!! ........ Paul.
! (i.e. CE and Skiing)
For additional meeting information, contact
Dr. Paul Coviello at email@example.com.